Chinmoku no Toxin (沈黙のトキシン)
Kami-sama wa Iru no kai? (神さまはいるのかい？)
v.1: ISBN-10:4-592-12316-6, 07/1994
v.1: ISBN-10:4-592-12748-X, 03/1997
Kanzen Han: Night Head (完全版 ＮＩＧＨＴ ＨＥＡＤ)
v.1: ISBN-10:4-8342-7296-6, 04/2004
v.2: ISBN-10:4-8342-7297-4, 04/2004
v.3: ISBN-10:4-8342-7298-2, 05/2004
v.4: ISBN-10:4-8342-7301-6, 06/2004
Tohan (東販) translated the series into Chinese as An Ye Di Liu Gan Night Head (暗夜第六感 Night Head).
Akai Tenshi (赤い天使)
Akai Tenshi ran in Gakken’s Vampire Anthology (バンパイアアンソロジー) series. The Pichi label seems to be generally used for ladies' comics, but this has been listed as a girls' title.
Vampire Rouman Shiki* (ヴァンパイア 浪漫式)
v.1: ISBN:978-4-253-27211-7, 05/2014
v.2: ISBN:978-4-253-27212-4, 01/2015
v.3: ISBN:978-4-253-27213-1, 10/2015
Akita Shoten has also released this series electronically.
All of Tateno’s early works and many of her later ones were published through Hakusensha’s Hana to Yume Comics. Most are realistic dramas or comedies, though a few do have fantasy elements:
- Mickey & Kazuya Series (ミッキー＆一也シリーズ):
- But, Bad Boys! (ＢＵＴ，ＢＡＤボ−イズ！)
- Katte ni Spark! (勝手にＳＰＡＲＫ！)
- Tokyo Picaresque (Ｔ・Ｋピカレスク)
- Dancin’ U.S.A.
- Mix Down* (ミックス・ダウン)
- D-Walk 1-7, rereleased in four volumes of Hakusensha Bunko (白泉社文庫)
- Lecture* (レクチャー), also put out by Gakken (学研出版) under Pichi Comics
- The SF/action story Killer Street
- Sorya Naize Baby* (そりゃないぜＢＡＢＹ) 1-11, rereleased in six volumes under Hakusensha Bunko
- Marie Max!* (マリィＭＡＸ！) 1-2, also released by Gakken under Pichi Comics
- The werewolf comedy Tsuki ni Hoero! (月に吠えろ！)
- Tama yori Hayaku!! (弾丸より疾く！！) 1-4
- The fantasy Card no Ou-sama (カードの王様) 1-9, translated into English as King of Cards by DC Comics under their CMX label
- Aoi Hitsuji no Yume (青い羊の夢), rereleased by Nihonbungeisha (日本文芸社) in seven volumes of Nichibun Comics - Karen Comics (ニチブンコミックス ＫＡＲＥＮコミックス); the series was released in English as Blue Sheep Reverie by Digital Manga
- Cute Guy (CUTE×GUY) 1-4
- O-nii-chan Lab. (お兄ちゃんｌａｂ．)
- Hostan e Youkoso* (ホス探へようこそ) 1-5 and Hostan e Youkoso: another* (ホス探へようこそ another)
- Code Name wa Suzuki Tarou!* (コードネームは鈴木太郎！)
- Lil’ Sis* (リル・ シス)
Hakusensha also released the Card no Ou-sama side story Kerai Seikatsu (家来生活) and Love and Money (愛とお金) under Jets Comics, and the "boys’ love" titles Trattoria Yamiiti (トラットリア闇市), Doyoubi no Juliet* (土曜日のジュリエット), Getsuyoubi no Venus* (月曜日のヴィーナス), and Suiyoubi no Fairy Tale* (水曜日のフェアリーテイル) under Hanamaru Comics Premium (花丸コミックス・プレミアム).
Some of Tateno's early pieces that appeared in the Hana to Yume magazine but not in any of the associated volumes were released by Daitosha (大都社) in a collection titled Gyakkousen: Tateno Makoto Sakuhin Shuu* (逆光線 立野真琴作品集). Daitosha also published Heaven's Door (ヘブンズ・ドア), based on the novel by Ayumu Takahashi (高橋歩). Gyakkousen* has been translated into English as Backlight by Digital Manga.
Tateno has also done several other "boys’ love" titles. Biblos (ビブロス) originally published her Kirai Kirai mo (キライ嫌いも) and Yellow 1-4 under Be-Boy Comics, 9th Sleep under Zero Comics, and Hero Heel: Eiyuu to Akkan (Ｈｅｒｏ・ Ｈｅｅｌ 英雄と悪漢) under Super Be-Boy Comics. Libre Publishing (リブレ出版) has now taken over the Be-Boy label and republished the original Hero Heel as well as two further volumes of the series, and the new titles Muse no Gakuen de Aou* (ミューズの学園で逢おう) 1-4, Wakareta Otoko wa Ikaga Desu ka?* (別れた男はいかがですか？), Heart o Nusumu no wa Dare da* (ハートを盗むのは誰だ), Senbatsu Kumi wa Koi ga Dekinai* (選抜組は恋ができない), Seito Kaichou wa Koi ga Dekinai* (生徒会長は恋ができない), and α wa Ω ni Sensei Suru* (αはΩに宣誓する). Enterbrain, now part of KADOKAWA, rereleased Yellow in a two-volume wide-ban edition and published Yellow/R 1-2, both under B’s-Lovey Comics (ビーズラビーコミックス). Futabasha (双葉社) rereleased Kirai Kirai mo under Futaba Bunko Meisaku Series (双葉文庫名作シリーズ) and 9th Sleep under Action Comics. Yellow, Yellow 2, 9th Sleep, and Hero Heel have been translated into English by Digital Manga and Kirai Kirai mo was translated as Hate to Love You by Aurora Publishing, a subsidiary of Ohzora Publishing (宙出版). Wakareta Otoko wa Ikaga Desu ka?* was translated by SuBLime as How's Your Ex?
Yokan (予感), Kashinfuu (花信風), and Yokan EX: Noise (予感ＥＸ ノイズ) were published by Oakla Shuppan (オークラ出版) under Aqua Comics. Yokan was also released as a drama CD. The comic was put out in English translation, first by DramaQueen as Omen and then by Digital Manga as Yokan - Premonition and Yokan - Premonition: Noise. Digital Manga also released the English translation Ka Shin Fu. Steal Moon 1-2 was released by Nihonbungeisha under Nichibun Comics and has also been translated by Digital Manga. Nihonbungeisha also published Ai yori Zutto (愛よりずっと) and Koi to Iu ni wa* (恋というには) under Nichibun Comics - Karen Comics.
Shinshokan (新書館) published Martini Kouryaku Hou (マティーニ攻略法), Sidecar Seigyo Hou* (サイドカー制御法), Koyoi wa Kimi to Chi no Kiss o* (今宵は君と血のキスを), Romeo x Romeo (ロミオ × ロミオ) 1-2 , To Aru Gekai to Naikai no.* (とある外科医と内科医の。), Kensyuui wa Koakuma to Odoru (研修医は小悪魔と踊る), Dakasete Kurenai ka? (抱かせてくれないか?), Omae nanka Iranai yo (お前なんかいらないよ), Kiss to Justice (ｋｉｓｓと正義), Aimai na Esquisse (曖昧なエスキース), and Club "Nonoshiri" no Himitsu (クラブ 「罵り」 の秘密 ), all under Dear+ Comics (ディアプラス・コミックス); Happy Boys (ハッピィ・ボーイズ) 1-2 under Wings Comics; and Takatsukasa-Ke no Ninja (鷹司家のニンジャ) 1-2 under Spade Comics. Digital Manga Publishing has translated into English Happy Boys; Martini Kouryaku Hou, under the title How to Capture a Martini; Sidecar Seigyo Hou,* as How to Control a Sidecar; Koyoi wa Kimi to Chi no Kiss o,* as A Bloody Kiss Tonight; To Aru Gekai to Naikai no.,* as A Murmur of the Heart; and Kensyuui wa Koakuma to Odoru,* as A Waltz in the Clinic.
Gekkou Densho* (月虹伝書) was first serialized in the ladies’ Onmyouji Anthology* (陰陽師アンソロジー) series published by Gakken under Pichi Comics, then released separately under Pichi comics as well. Tateno also contributed to Gakken’s Gensou Shokan* (幻想書簡) anthology series, which seems to simply be the Vampire Anthology under another name. Gakken released a continuation of the Mickey & Kazuya Series under Pichi Comics: Pops, Rocks, Blues, and Soul.
The ladies’ fantasy Angelic Rune (エンジェリック・ ルーン) 1-3 was published by Shodensha (祥伝社) under Gensou Collection. Digital Manga has released it in English as Angelic Runes. Tateno also contributed to Shueisha’s Gensou Fantasy (幻想ファンタジー) anthology series, published under Eyes Comics.
She has released one novel of her own, Gerbera (ガーベラ), published by Shueisha (集英社) under Cobalt Bunko (コバルト文庫). She has also illustrated novels by other authors:
- Miyako Nanao (七穂美也子)’s Uranai-shi Saki (占い師 SAKI) series, published by Shueisha under Super Fantasy Bunko (スーパーファンタジー文庫)
- Kei Arisugawa (有栖川ケイ)’s Executive Boy* (エグゼクティブ・ ボーイ), published under Hakusensha Hanamaru Bunko (白泉社花丸文庫)
- Natsuo Toudou (藤堂夏央)’s Lunatic Love (ルナティック・ ラヴ) series
- the Shissou Suru Tsuki (疾走する月) series by Reiko Asou (麻生玲子), both also from Shueisha under Cobalt Bunko
- Cutey Honey Boys: Akuma no Tsume ni Torawarete (キューティーハニーBOYS 悪魔の爪に囚われて), based on Go Nagai (永井豪)’s Cutey Honey, written by Michiru Suwayama (諏訪山ミチル), and published under Hanamaru Novels (花丸ノベルズ)
Hakusensha published a "card gallery" of her art, Tateno Makoto Shuu (立野真琴集). Enterbrain published two art books, Tateno Makoto Illust Shuu: Princess Ruby (立野真琴イラスト集 プリンセス・ ルビー) and Tateno Makoto Illust Shuu: Prince Sapphire (立野真琴イラスト集 プリンス・ サファイア).